Wednesday 17 August 2016

Phoebe's 100 Word Challenge - Week 5


Beach Adventure

I gazed at the DANGER signs, the bolted up entrance, the barbed wire fences locking me out from what? From who?  Deciding to be dauntless I slitted a hole in the fence and clambered through.

I dawdled on the soft sand that swallowed my feet whole, as the sun blazed down on my back. Sighing, I inhaled the sea salt aroma of the beach.

But as I stared into the water it began to turn green and a figure draped in seaweed emerged. Fear struck me like a bullet, I glanced around shrieking for help. But the beach was deserted.

2 comments:

  1. Phoebe your story had me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning, and then a thrilling and terrifying ending - what is yet to come?! I love how you start out setting the scene so well of a fenced off deserted beach, and bravo to you for using the word "dauntless" that fits so well in your story. And I like the phrase, "fear struck me like a bullet", very creative writing. Really nice work, and I am nominating your piece for the showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent story Phoebe. Really great use of vocabulary. Full of drama and excitement. Well done.

    ReplyDelete