Wednesday 10 August 2016

Chloe's 100 Word Challenge - Week 4

Prompt:

...I could see the finish line, then...

My feet pummeled against the flushed, hurdle track. Yellow hurdles aligned themselves in symmetrical rows. Sweat dripped down my face and plopped onto the dense base of the track. My feet struck against the floor springing off the ground every fifty centimetres. My breaths choked me, I gasped for air, hauled myself forward. I could see the finish line, then darkness hit me like a bullet. I woke up to the sound of machines beeping, pumping oxygen into my body, I guess. I was unconscious, lifeless.
I am an Olympic hurdler. And have never felt more alive in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Chloe I love the great detail and awesome words you have used in your story, making it very fun to read - and so exciting! And the last sentence is really great, summing up all the hard work of an Olympic athlete that is worth the feeling of being so alive, even though the hurdler ended up injured. What a great way to use the prompt; nice work!

    ReplyDelete