Wednesday 10 August 2016

Catherine's 100 Word Challenge Week 4

Prompt: ...I could see the finish line, then...

Run Further Than Before


Thunder roars upon us deafening my ears. The track, drenched in pouring rain, lures me to run my race. Butterflies flutter around, hurling, chasing, spinning my nightmares, changing them into a horrible, uncontrollable sickness, killing me by the second.

Gun fires forcing, pushing me to sprint to my destiny. The finish line. Encouragement powers me up like a battery. Further and further I run. I could see the finish line, then I stumble blindly over a jagged rock spraining my ankle.

Sirens scream through the air. Darkness surrounds me shutting me out. Reality hits me. I’ve let down my country.

1 comment:

  1. From the start you use descriptive words which instantly helps me visualize whats going on. The second sentence uses a range of words which gives great detail. The last sentence finishes the piece hits home that sometimes not everything goes well you've particularly emphasized that with the use of short sentences.

    ReplyDelete