Wednesday 10 August 2016

Maggie 100WC week 4




Running Race
The gun fires, the bang pierced through the moist warm air. I could feel the excitement fill the air.
Everyone was sprinting, my feet smacked the peach coloured track.
I was coming last and I had almost given up hope, my heart breaking in two.

I could see the finish line, then something changed. My cluttered mind reset giving me a whole new perspective.
I got to the olympics I am running with professionals.


I lunge forward, my legs are going so fast the rest of my body can hardly keep up, I cross the finish line then...

I win!

1 comment:

  1. Maggie I love all the great detail in your story, how well you paint a picture with words of the setting for the race. And what a great turn in the main character's view of the race, that seems to have actually helped them win - great writing! Keep up the really good work.

    ReplyDelete