Wednesday 3 August 2016

Phoebe's 100 Word Challenge - Week 3

Losing Hope


My bare feet crunch in the grass carpet, as I sip my last drop of water, quenching my thirst. A sob escapes from my mouth. Tears stream down my face, blurring my vision of the landscape surrounding me. Tripping over tree roots belonging to the gargantuan umbrellas looming above me, I face plant into the mud. “But how would I know, I would end up stranded in the woods like Hansel and Gretel?” I groan to myself. I slowly pick myself onto my feet, continuing through the overgrown forest path. I am lost. I am hopeless. I am Alaska Saylors.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phoebe,
    I absolutely loved your story great description and juicy words. I especially liked the way you said quenching your thirst. Well Done,
    Kane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phoebe. This is a superb piece of writing and I agree with the previous comment, your use of adjectives is excellent. You set the scene so well that I can really visualise it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete