Thursday 28 July 2016

Catherine's 100 Word Challenge Week 2

Prompt:


Scream, Fight, Pray...

I open my eyes with a struggle while the wind tangles my wild, auburn hair.
Autumn leaves flurry around the trees surrounding them like a fence holding them in until they wither. I tread lightly without making a single sound. Fear fills me like a glass of crystal clear water.

The moon glows above me with a hypnotising light.
I blink away forcing myself to walk again, but instead I run like I can’t be controlled. Leaves suffocate me leaving the trees bare and alone. Gasping in desperation I struggle to breathe.
I scream.
I fight.
I pray.
I collapse.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Catherine,

    I loved your piece. Your descriptions are so evocative, I truly felt like I was part of the story. You created a sense of entrapment that was really quite suffociating. I hope you keep on writing for the 100 word challenge.

    Mrs Pratt (Team 100WC Australia)

    ReplyDelete